Live Fit Women's Fitness Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michelle's Challenge

2 posters

Go down

Michelle's Challenge Empty Michelle's Challenge

Post  Michelle Mon 22 Nov - 15:48

I Would have to say that I honestly think everyday is a challenge. A challenge to say the right thing, do the right thing and give that constant overflow of love that God calls us to do each day. It's hard because all too often we get selfish and want to live for ourselves and not others. I think that is what I am constantly being challenged by each day. Thinking back to some challenges that I overcame throughout my life I can think of two that really placed a huge impact on my heart.

The first challenge that impacted me still to this very day was the birth of my daughter. She was born 5 weeks early at 4lbs 6oz's and was even smaller when we left the hospital. I was just plain scared the night that my water broke. For the first time I wasn't scared for myself or anything else accept this tiny human who was inside of me and my total responsibility. I had no idea how to take care of an infant especially one that needed extra special care being a preemie.

Through all the dr. visits and the constant worries that something may or could go wrong I think the bond between my husband and little Ava was strengthened beyond all else. I thank God each and everyday that she is just becoming the little women God intended her to be and that the struggles in the beginning are just a mere flicker of time. I do believe that the impact of this whole challenge put me into a downward spiral in which I began to overcome one of the biggest challenges of my life.

Caring for Ava since she wasn't like a normal full term baby was at times mind boggling. I became stagnant not only in my walk with God but in many other areas of my life. I started sleeping all the time, not really caring about what I ate and even if I worked out. I also had recently become a stay at home mom which was a huge adjustment for me. I had issues of finding the contentment of my new role. I needed to find a balance between all these areas in my life and since things happened early with Ava and she needed so much care I got a little unorganized for a long time.

It wasn't until I ran my 3rd half marathon last October that I had a revelation. It was supposed to be my come back race in which I could get myself put back together. It really didn't happen all that way and I ended up running a heck of a race for being as out of shape as I was. These 13.1 miles helped me organize my thoughts and really get to the root of the problem.

All my life I had been worried about my career, my body image, and how others saw me. When I had Ava everything in my life changed. I had no career, my body was 50lbs overweight, and I should have been more worried about walking with God than impressing others all along. What I needed was first balance and second to find out why God had allowed all of this to happen in my life that at one time seemed a little more put together.

I started to just slowly workout more consistently and with that came the all the rest. It's when I really realized that I used to eat whatever and whenever I wanted and never gain a pound. I never realized how much some people struggle with weight issues. My heart goes out to those who are trying to loose weight. For the first time in my life I was struggling to get myself back to where I was. With this realization came so much more to the picture. I think it was where God said "Michelle you are either going to do this on your own the wrong way or with me."

I truly believe this is where he started to knock on my heart and give me a sense of direction. He was telling me to do something but I wasn't exactly sure what. That is when I started really working out at the intensity that I used to. I need to be careful because I do get extremely addicted to running and it's not always healthy to love such a selfish sport.

God began unveiling to me the opportunity to begin the live fit women’s fitness group. I know I am not the only one struggling out there with weight issues, career issues, and just finding that contentment with God. As I walk with God I constantly feel him telling me to motivate women, help them to embrace there bodies, to live fit, and most importantly to be there for them. I have had my best most heartfelt conversations on long runs or while working out with other women.

From the birth of my daughter, to loosing the weight, to finding that contentment with God I think I have overcame these challenges in such a way that I am excited for what is to come. I know I can tackle anything with God by my side and I think he is telling me to take my love for fitness even further and begin working on my personal trainer’s certificate. I am on Chapter one and I guess we will see where God takes me from here!
cat

Michelle
Admin

https://livefitwomensfitness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Michelle's Challenge Empty Re: Michelle's Challenge

Post  Brandice Tue 23 Nov - 18:13

[quote="Michelle] "All my life I had been worried about my career, my body image, and how others saw me. When I had Ava everything in my life changed. I had no career, my body was 50lbs overweight, and I should have been more worried about walking with God than impressing others all along. What I needed was first balance and second to find out why God had allowed all of this to happen in my life that at one time seemed a little more put together.[/quote]

I love this part of your story! That seems to be how God does it... he takes away all of the things we depend on besides Him and then rebuilds us on Him as our solid foundation.

Thank you for sharing Like a Star @ heaven

Brandice

Back to top Go down